• How much does a place cost and what do I get in return? Between 175 and 220 euros per month, depending on the tariff. This includes a designated desk with an office chair and five drawers, use of the shared kitchen and internet access via LAN and WLAN.
• How big is the shared office overall? Approx. 180 m².
• How many places are available? At present, there are four free workplaces. More places can be created if needed.
• Is there a meeting room? A meeting room can be booked free of charge.
• Where is the office located and how do I get there? In the immediate vicinity of the University of the Arts, the indoor blacklight minigolf centre, and the HafenRummel. The co-working space can be reached by public transport (no. 3 or no. 5 tram, or bus no. 20, 26, or 28). Parking can be rented directly in front of the building, if desired, and there are also plenty of free parking spaces nearby.
• What are the hours of business? 9am to 6pm on working days, although co-workers can access the office around the clock.
• Where do I get my coffee? A shared kitchen with a coffee machine is available, with coffee pods and water supplied. Downstairs in the courtyard (which gave its name to this co-working space), there is also the SchwarzLichtHof Bistro, which offers a huge range of different coffees.
• Where can I eat lunch? There are plenty of places to choose from around the old timber and works quay. Co-workers can enjoy lunchtime views over the docklands at the Alte Feuerwache restaurant, for example, or gaze out at stacks of shipping containers from the comfort of Lloyd Caffee. A real insider's tip is the Hafen-Casino: a quaint eating house that only serves hearty home cooking – from cabbage soup and pickled herring with fried potatoes to kale with pinkel sausage.
• What special service does the co-working space offer? The courtyard can also be used for parties, barbecues, open-air meetings and other good ideas in consultation with the building's other tenants.
• Which sectors are represented? Examples include the film, text, graphics, photography and urban art sectors.
Who can I contact?
+49 (0)421 7930 8543
Cuxhavener Strasse 7
Hiring meeting rooms
Überseestadt also has a variety of options for self-employed people who only need a room for meetings, workshops or seminars from time to time.
The Weserwork co-working space has three meeting rooms, which are also available to external users.
• Size? 25, 35 and 40 m² (rooms can be combined with each other)
• Capacity? Up to 40 people.
• Price? On request.
• Address? Konsul-Smidt-Strasse 8 r, 28217 Bremen
• Contact? +49 (0)421 1669 7550, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blaukontor für Gestaltung GmbH offers a meeting room on the sixth floor of the Hartmann Tower at the Europahafen, with a view over the old docklands.
• Size? 55 m²
• Capacity? 5 to 12 people
• Price? From 50 euros
• Address? Konsul-Smidt-Strasse 10, 28217 Bremen
• Contact? Axel Stiehler or Susanne Hagemeister, email@example.com, +49 (0)421 706 102
An overview of all event spaces in Überseestadt, whether for meetings or celebrations, can be found here, and Bremeninvest has compiled a list of all the city's co-working space providers on its website.