Key data on the property market in Bremen
2018: extremely attractive property location
A stable market with excellent prospects
Bremen is growing and is an attractive location for the real estate industry. In a national comparison, Bremen scores above all with high construction activity and low vacancy rates. These and other data can be found in the annual Real Estate Market Report.
The report is prepared by the WFB in cooperation with renowned market analysts.
New development and construction projects also allow extremely lively growth to be expected on the market for logistics property. Even now, the total property portfo - lio amounts to over 2.8 million m². Of this, 60 % is due on areas that are particularly interesting to investors – four times as much as the average for Germany. This under - lines the enormous capital assets of Bremen as an inter - face in international goods transport. Accordingly, sales also rose strongly again in the first half of 2018.
We have compiled the latest data for you in the office, logistics, residential, retail and investment segments.
In the right-hand navigation panel you will find a downloadable copy of the latest property market reports for Bremen.
Property Market Report 2019
The current Real Estate Market Report 2019 can be downloaded or ordered in printed form. Request your free print copy by calling 0421-9600-121 or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . The PDF can be downloaded here.
2018: Take-up | Construction Activity | Price Levels
- Vacancy rate 3.0% (2017: 3.0%) unchanged
- Vacancy rate at lowest level for more than 10 years
- Total turnover 2017: 99,500 m² (forecast value 2018: 87,500 m²)
- Completions in 2017: 9,600 m² new buildings and 8,500 m² refurbished properties
- Forecasted new space access 2018 total around 35,000 m²
- Forecast office space total: 3.65 million m² (at the end of 2018)
- City centre is most in demand (more than 40 percent of total volume)
2018: Take-up | Commercial estates | Price Levels
- Space take-up rises to approx. 187,000 m² (2017: 152,800 m²)
- just under 40 percent of which at the Bremen Freight Traffic Centre (GVZ)
- Total logistics space in Bremen City: 2.8 million m²
- Vacancy: strong increase compared to the previous year from 0.7 percent to 4.8 percent
- 136,500 m² immediately available for logistics companies
2018: Structure | Locations | Price levels
- numerous major projects in the city centre in the planning stage, partially realised
- Sales ratio at 115.0 (2017: 115.8)
- Purchasing Power Ratio Slightly Lower at 97.5
- Retail turnover rises again slightly to € 4,012 million
- Average inner city rent at 85,-€/m²
- Peak rent at 130,-€/m²
2018: Demographics | Price levels | Forecasts
- Ø rental level for new apartments 11.30 €/m² (2017: 11.17 €/m²)
- Bremen's new construction activity continues to develop positively
- Major projects are planned in the new central locations on the water, in the Überseestadt, in the Altstadt and on the Stadtwerder
- Purchase prices increase by 6% compared to the previous year (average 3,700 €/m²)
- Top purchase prices of over 5,500 €/m² (2017: 4,650 €/m²)
2018: Transactions | Yields | Price levels
- Net initial yields of 4.6 percent
- 2017: Transaction volume of 573 million euros 20 percent higher than in the previous year
- 1st place: office and commercial buildings with 236 million euros
- 2nd place: Logistics and industrial properties
- 1st half-year 2017: more than 320 million euros invested - the highest half-year sales since the beginning of market observation
- 1st half-year 2018: 190 million euros
- Forecast 2018: Overall result of just under 450 million euros