Überseestadt (New Harbour District)
Breathing new life into old docklands
Bremen's Überseestadt docklands are currently undergoing a transformation. A whole new district of the city is being created in an area covering 300 hectares – right next to Bremen's city centre and with lots of exclusive waterside locations. The historical docks and port industry are now complemented by modern architecture. Vast red-brick warehouses have been converted into office and retail complexes.
But the maritime economy is still a presence and provides a captivating contrast between the traditional and the modern. And Überseestadt is not just a place to work, people live there too: the first new buildings on the banks of the river Weser and lofts in converted warehouses have been successfully launched on the market.
- Total land area (gross): 288 hectares
- Areas of different sizes available
- Marketable area: 98.8 ha (plus approx. 10 ha Überseeinsel)
- 92.7 hectares has already been marketed
- Around 1.190 companies employing about 18.900 people
- Development costs approx. 485 million euros
- Private investment of up to €2 billion is expected
- One of the largest urban development projects in Europe
- Attractive premises in direct water position
- 2 km from the historic centre of Bremen
- Flexible usage options
- Maritime ambience
- Grown structures
- Mix of trades and industry
- Culture, recreation and shopping
- Service sector, trade and industry
- Port Management / Logistics
- Leisure and Gastronomy
- Direct connection to the city center by public transport
- Transport connections via A 27, A 281 and B 6
Commercial land and premises
Überseestadt (New Harbour District) offers a range of vacant commercial land and premises owned by the local authority. Please contact us for more information.
You can also use our property search function to find out about the commercial premises on offer. And we can meet you in person, of course, to tell you about the properties that suit your needs and any alternatives you might want to consider.