BITZ – Bremen Innovation and Technology Centre
A passion for innovation: Bremen Innovation and Technology Centre at Bremen Technology Park
The founding of the Bremen Innovation and Technology Centre, or 'BITZ', in 1985 marked the beginning of a story of success: the University of Bremen and BITZ became the nucleus of the Bremen Technology Park, a high-tech hub that is buzzing with entrepreneurial energy, innovation and dynamism. BITZ is the ideal location if you are starting a new company, growing your existing one or realising innovative business ideas.
The centre provides all the basic components that you need to make your venture a success: as well as benefiting from individual advice and assistance, you will be given access to funding programmes and finance solutions that are tailored to your specific requirements. Ambitious entrepreneurs can take advantage of this end-to-end support right from day one. As part of our business support programme, we will help you to create a solid business plan. And you will have access to various financial benefits as well as our office management services and inhouse facilities.
BITZ will give you the boost you need to turn your business ideas into reality. Get in touch with us now.
First-class locational benefits for any entrepreneur
BITZ, the Bremen Innovation and Technology Centre, provides experienced entrepreneurs and people who are new to start-ups with the support they need to make their innovative business ideas a success. The site offers the following facilities, services and networking opportunities:
- Approx. 6,400m² of low-cost, flexible office and hall space in a modern complex for companies in the service and manufacturing industries and laboratories
- Centrally located in the highly regarded Bremen Technology Park in close proximity to the university, to research institutes and to other innovative companies
- Attractive location because of the direct links to the regional and national transport networks via the A27 autobahn (own exit); green spaces are available in the nearby Bürgerpark and Stadtwald municipal forest
- Well-equipped conference and meeting rooms
- Seed rooms that provide people starting new businesses with low-cost, well-equipped workplaces for a period of one year
- Direct access to BITZ's mentoring and office services
Take a look at our business directory to see which companies are based at Bremen's technology and start-up centres.
Customised, flexible space for start-ups and growing businesses
In 2011 the 1,400m² BITZ lab was added to the site. It offers small offices as well as state-of-the-art laboratory units. All in all, the facilities available at the Bremen Innovation and Technology Centre provide the ideal environment for young companies and start-ups from a variety of sectors.
You'll also benefit from access to various networks of ambitious entrepreneurs, and right from the start you can engage in networking activities that are tailored specifically to your industry. Bremeninvest will provide you with intensive and wide-ranging support as you begin the journey of starting your own business. Throughout the initial period, for example, the local centre management team will be on hand to offer expert advice and assistance.
Choosing BITZ is the best possible way to prepare yourself for launching and growing your business. We will be there for you every step of the way.
>>Back to the technology and start-up centres page